December 22, 2014

Blogmas: Top Music of 2014 part 1

If you’re anything like me, then you live for music. Honestly, I can’t go a day without it. I think it’s the fact that each song holds a different story that someone can relate to. It brings people together. And, in my opinion, that’s that this world really needs, to be united. Anyways, to get on with the point of this post, I wanted to share a few of my favourite songs, artists, and albums of 2014.
1. First off, I really like Hozier. I know you’ve all probably heard Take Me To Church by now, but he has other amazing songs as well. If you haven’t heard them yet, take the time to check them out.
2. Taylor Swift seems to be making such a big comeback this year and mixing up her style at the same time. I am in love with 1989. It’s just so upbeat and catchy; makes me wish I was around for the 80s!
3. As my mum says, Ariana Grande is literally everywhere lately. To be honest, I’m not really loving her new album as much as I did the last one. However, there are a few good songs that stick out to me: Just a Little Bit of Your Heart, Best Mistake, and Too Close.
4. Vance Joy. Another artist whose music you’ve most likely all heard, but not necessarily remembered the name. His song Riptide has caused such an uproar in the music industry, and for good reason. His way with music is so soulful, it will have you listening nonstop.
5. I completely fell in love with Sam Smith’s voice this year. I don’t know what else to even say because his voice says it all. It’s like his voice is heaven.
6. Ed Sheeran will always hold such an important part of my heart. His newest album, X, is perfection. I love that little ginger of mine :)
7. 5 Seconds of Summer. Every year it seems that I fall more in love with them. The way their voices harmonize perfectly, complimenting each other’s. Their individual talents with not only vocals, but instruments as well. Their unique twist on rock music. Everything they do just makes me want more. (Okay, it’s official, I sound like a really creepy fangirl).

No comments:

Post a Comment