December 24, 2014

Blogmas: The True Meaning of Christmas

This is it guys. It's finally the night we've all been waiting for. The Christmas season is about to end, and all we can do is reflect on how we've spent this past year. Tomorrow's final Blogmas post will most likely be about what gifts I've gotten; more materialistic. But before that comes, I wanted to have one more post that makes you stop and think about the kind of person you are.

I'm sure you've heard this a million and one times, but Christmas isn't about the presents. I was watching a movie in Physics last Friday, and it was talking about the deeper meaning of Christmas. How it isn't about giving gifts, but about giving a part of yourself. I've learned to love that phrase. I mean, honestly, how many times have you turned the other cheek? It's always easier to walk away than to fight for what's right. They say money can't buy happiness, but I think we should think of it as money can't buy love.

Love is what will change the world. And when you give a part of yourself to someone you care about, you are spreading that love for them to share with someone else. It's an endless cycle, and yet, there is still so much hate in the world. So my advice to you is give a little more this year. Not more presents, but a piece of yourself through actions, words. Do something that will make a difference to one person. Because, in the long run, it all adds up. I hope you have an incredible Christmas and enjoy the time with your loved ones. Happy Holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment