December 20, 2014

Blogmas: Christmas Traditions

Every family has their own traditions, I know mine does. In fact, we have a lot of them involving Christmas. I know this might be a little weird, but I wanted to share some of them with you, to share a bit of what my holidays are like.

Every year on Christmas Eve, my family goes to evening mass (and let me tell you, it is packed!). I really do like going to Christmas mass because everyone is so dressed up, and it's an excuse to wear some outrageously cute dresses that you can't exactly wear on an everyday basis. When we get home from mass, we put in The Godfather. I don't exactly know how that tradition started, and it's a bit out of the ordinary, but it's not all about death (well kind of). The message behind it is about family being together and uniting. As we watch that, we get to choose and open one present. Once the present portion gets out of the way, my mum makes Christmas Eve dinner, which is the same every year: lasagna, salad, and garlic bread.
 
On Christmas morning, someone usually has to wake me up at about 6 in the morning (the horror!). We put on the yule log, make some cocoa, and play Santa. After the present portion is done, my mum bakes something for breakfast whilst I talk about my presents to my best friend, the internet (yes, I blog about my Christmas, but who doesn't? Just me? Okay...). Anyways, we have the Christmas music blasting and my mum bakes something yummy for breakfast. Later in the day we will watch It's a Wonderful Life. The day carries on from there, not really sticking to a certain schedule. We just hang out as a family and enjoy our Christmas day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment