December 12, 2014

Blogmas: Christmas Treats

From Thanksgiving to New Years, we are surrounded by food. A cringe-worthy thought is me cooking, but yesterday I successfully made fudge. Granted, it was a Carnation fudge kit with very detailed instructions, but I pulled myself together enough to turn on follow through. Which brings me to the point of this post: Christmas treats.



Honestly, who doesn't love fudge? If you aren't really that into cooking, don't make it homemade, get a kit like I did. It took about 15 minutes to get everything mixed, and took 2 hours to set. In other words, do something productive for 15 minutes, take a 2 hour nap, and when you wake up, you've got delicious fudge to eat whilst watching some Netflix!




Another cute, and edible, gift idea is sugar cookies. A few weeks ago I made some peppermint sugar cookies that actually weren't bad. Cookies are for every occasion, mostly because they are easily customizable. But sugar cookies hold a special place in my heart, right below oatmeal raisin.

There are practically endless options for Christmas treats. And Pinterest is the best place to find a variety of simple recipes. Whether you make them simple and sweet or detailed and delicious, your desserts will be delectable.

No comments:

Post a Comment