November 10, 2014

3 Artists Worth Listening To

If you're anything like me, you live for music and love finding new artists to obsess over. I'm the kind of person that will listen to anything, as love as it has a beat. But lately, I've been leaning more towards Indie/ Grunge, Blues/ Soul, and Alternative. Below are some of the artists I've been really into lately.



1. Andrew (Hozier)- Byrne: An Irish musician. His most popular single, Take Me To Church, was released in 2013 gaining him a lot of fame. He recently released another EP, From Eden. My two personal favourites (other than TMTC) are Arsonist's Lullaby, and Sedated. Hozier has an unknown way with music that sets him apart from other artists. His voice is full of soul and has a relaxing tone to it. Hozier will definitely go far in the music industry this upcoming year.
iTunes     Website     Facebook     Twitter   


2. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros: An American- Indie folk band from Los Angeles, California. They rose to fame in 2009 when their single, Home, topped the charts. Some of their songs that do not get the credit they deserve are 40 Day Dream, Life Is Hard, and This Life. This 8-man group write songs that are soulful and empowering. If you are in that percentage that only knows Home then take the time out of your day to broaden your musical horizons. I can promise you will not regret it!
iTunes     Website     Facebook     Twitter


3. James Keogh (Vance Joy): An Australian singer-songwriter. In 2013 he signed a 5 album deal with Atlantic Records. I am ashamed to admit that the only song I have heard of his is Riptide. However, I do plan on listening to his debut album released in early September, Dream Your Life Away. Although I regrettable have not had the chance to listen to all of his music, I am already in love with his voice and his way with words shown in his music. I can guarantee I will enjoy his whole album!

                                                                          iTunes     Website     Facebook     Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment