November 10, 2014

5 Christmas Gift Ideas



I am both ashamed and proud to say that this is my first holiday post. You see, Christmas is kind of a big deal for me. I live for the Christmas season and all of the perks it brings: hot cocoa, cuddling, presents, family time, and just that cozy feeling. Every year, my family goes all out for the holidays, starting the day after Halloween. But today's post isn't about that. Today I'm going to give you some ideas to give as gifts this year!

Although I can't convince my mother to let me take out the tree, I seem to get her to agree to take out the decorations. One of my favourite that we own is our Christmas puzzle. We got this last year at the gift shop in Kowalski's Market and I thought it was too adorable to not get. Once we got it home, my sister and I knew we were saved from the boredom that comes from being off school for 2 weeks. Not only was this the best "family present" for us, but we gave one as a gift, too, and they absolutely loved it! Puzzles are a surefire way to give a gift that will make anybody happy during the holidays.



My next gift suggestion is a blanket. I know, it sounds kind of lame and even simple. But believe me, simple is perfect. Everybody could use a soft, cozy blanket during the chilly weather that comes this time of the year. Each year, there is always someone in my family who gets a fuzzy blanket; this year I got one for my mom and I know that she will defiantly be taking advantage of the warmth it will bring. Giving someone a blanket is like giving them a hug that they can wear. Spread the love!



Another gift essential is fuzzy socks. I cannot begin to tell you the number of times I wear my fuzzy socks on a weekly basis. These are perfect for lounging around in, wearing with boots when you're playing in the snow, and even wearing to school to bring a sense of comfort with you. It might be weird, but I even wear these in the summer to keep my feet nice and soft. Not only are they the perfect gift, but they are incredibly cheap, too! If you want to save some money but still give high quality gifts, then go stock up on some of these.


My next suggestion for all you gift- givers is a gift card. Again, so simple. But this will guarantee that they are happy with what they get (who better to pick a gift than the person themself?). If you do go with this choice but don't know the person very well, stick with the basics: food, music, and clothes. Everyone needs to eat, so giving someone  gift card for a restaurant like Chipotle, Subway, or Starbucks can be beneficial to anybody. If you want to go with the music option, give an iTunes card; because everybody loves music. Now for the third option, you can either go with an actual store card, or you could go with the easiest choice yet, and give a Visa gift card. Whichever kind of card you give them, I'm sure they will highly rejoice because everyone loves free stuff.




My last gift idea for you is something homemade. I am a big advocate for DIY projects, so going on a site like Pinterest can really get you thinking about what you might want to make. Not only is the DIY option cheap and easy, but it's customizable. Meaning you can tweak it as much as you like depending on the interests of the receiver of the gift.



I hope you liked these gift ideas, and if you decide to give any of these, let me know about it either in the comments or tweet me @Maccas4Michael. I would love to see how they turn out for you. Thank you for reading this post and keep looking as I make more holiday posts in the near future!


No comments:

Post a Comment